Agenda 2010

Setting the Bar At Cloud Nine... 


I confess to being an organizing junkie - but where do you draw that 'line in the sand' anyway? I know it helps me to have lists and routines, schedules and flexibility, so I am always looking for a better way to simplify yet keep track of where I'm going, otherwise I tend to procrastinate.


This monthly agenda is more than a chore list and consists of flexible tracking a goal-oriented navigation of my personal journey to happiness, productivity, and an artful farmgirl life. 


Without children to attend to at this time in my life, I am able at any time to stop and start these agendas- this allows for impromptu visitors & outings, and time to indulge in artwork or writing when the mood hits, (or the Muse shows up -right?)
I also want to enjoy the life we are fortunate to live here.. so a year of planning with this format gives me space, time, and ease but helps me keep track of progression and see what areas have issues to deal with- that I might should either drop or delegate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Annual Goals & Projects List for 2010~
(list of intentions / aspirations)



In the Kitchen:
*Learn how to make 12 new recipes [1 each month] like hummus and tahini, ravioli, jalapeno cheese bread, Ranch salad dressing, Italian dressing, granola bars…
*Focus more on buying local or gently used items             
*Create healthier meal plans [use lentils, black beans, add flax, find simple new ways to serve vegetables, etc.]



Outside:
*Build chicken coop w/ area for compost (for chickens to mix and add to)



In the House:
*Re-finish the cement floor (1400 sq. ft: paint it myself & use an epoxy floor sealer )
*Refinish & recondition the wood front door
*Create my dream bedroom~ the “Chambre of Gold” (HERE)



Creative:


*Make large beads from salt-clay
*X Finish my own version of ‘The Kiss’ painting (for the bedroom) (HERE)



Office:
(we run a home-based business which I refer to as "MG")
*Re-do master chore list – 
add such things as: “Natural-gas and propane appliances should be calibrated & adjusted every 3 years for peak efficiency, cost $150. - $175.”
*Make budget for taxes so that we are in a better place at the end of the year than we were at the start. (Dropping this one!)
*X Continue to apply better organization & office management practices



Personal:
*Establish routines to take care of myself better 
*Plans for making side income thru art and cottage industry – so I can buy horsey things (like a black Australian stock saddle)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Annual Goal of Skills to Learn/Things to Research:

  • Sewing (small projects like aprons, my own clothes)
  • Culinary skills- try baking &making pasta, making salad dressings, condiments and flavored oils
  • Try drying/ dehydrating fruits and meats (slow oven, BBQ'd and possibly over firepit)
  • X paint something besides horses 
Whooo-hoo! I did it! I painted something else- a face on the moon:




    Annual Need to Buy/Get:

    • X sewing machine
    • butter-bell (keeps butter fresh yet soft) & honey pot thing w/ dipper 
    • hand pump for emergency (on water well)
    • X chickens
    • goats?
    • fencing
    • area rugs
    • tortilla press

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      *UPDATE: I no longer follow this template, having simplified the method.
      Please take a look at the 12 Folders, if you're interested in a method that helps you track your tasks and direction in a flexible but orderly fashion, HERE 
      I believe though that the following template is useful in determining your personal patterns and helps determine life priorities.
      It does take some discipline at first, but really helps with beginning motivation, tracking progress, and motivating follow-thru.


      To continue with this older version, read on:

      Month Agenda (insert name of the month)
      *Outside/ Garden/Landscape:
      *In the Kitchen/Pantry (foody topics):
      *In the Office (business related):
      *In the Studio (artistic endeavors/creative projects currently on the table):
      *Home Improvement Project (always in progress)


      *Horse Management [VOID Topic, no longer have the horse in 2011] Cherihuka Journal, (which was re-training goals & progress, while developing a relationship with my horse)


      *Current Writing Project/Topic:
      *Something Done For Others:
      *Cheap Thrill: (I'm easy to please)
      *Current Problem:
      *Plan to Deal-With-it:
      *Need to Get:
      *Envisioning (“what ifs” & daydreams):
      *Provoking Thought (situational or current events, etc.):
      *Cottage Industry (farmgirl aspirations):
      *Note to Self:
      *Picture/Photo of the Month (my own, or not- perhaps something that inspired me):
      *Focus Room of the Month (see "12 Folders" topic, link above):
      *Menu Plan for the Month: (I plan for a month but shop for ONE week at a time -it's an overall health plan but I’m free to choose dinners based on what sounds good to me that week.) 

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I keep a flexible 7~day routine in an effort toward staying balanced.

      I like to combine chores that complement each other so that I’m neither moving or sitting all day, (like bill-paying with baking, or laundry with blogging).


      I arrange my weekly routine according to trash pickup day (Friday). It’s logical to add related chores like clean out the refrigerator and shop to refill it with food... which leads to errands, since I have to drive to town to shop...  and that’s a good a day to check thrift stores, pick up hay… whatever is a logical sequence of the one thing that HAS to be done that day.


      If you want to attain goals, the first thing is to get your life in order so that you can get the time you need for goal actions. Sometimes it takes a bit of time (months) to figure out your priorities... and that's OK, you'll be ahead of the game in the end.


      So...what are YOUR priorities?



      No comments: